Monday, May 22, 2017

The Boy Next Door

What a read!  I love this author she is such a great writer but she will always give you a twist somewhere that you did not expect.  This book was no different.  I love Bryce!  He is every woman's dream.  He puts his heart out there to Cas and she just keeps turning him away.  I know that she is broken but I kept finding myself really disliking her for this.  He was trying maybe not as hard as he should/could have but he is man.  I just really wanted to shake some sense into her.  Then the twist comes!! I so was not expecting this at all.  But it was really such a breath of fresh air to me at that point!! I really didn't feel my heart tugging like it was before.  I wasn't stressing over the outcome anymore.  At this point, I could not put the book down!!!  I had to finish the story to see what the outcome of Bryce and Cas was going to be.  Before, I would have to take a break.  Not because the story wasn't good or I didn't want keep reading.  I was afraid that I was going to get mad and throw my kindle.  (This has almost happened before!!) I just kept hoping that Cas would see the light and wouldn't do something that she would not regret later on!!  I just kinda wanted to knock some sense into her.  I would have liked to have seen more of the present day Bryce instead of the flashbacks of him.  The flashbacks where great and were very important to the story.  But I would have liked to have seen more of the present day from him like we got of Cas.  I loved this story.  I love Carter, and cannot wait to see more of him.  I love his character not some much of a fan of Davien.  I hope I see a lot less of him in the future and lot more of Carter.  I don't want to give anything a way, once you read the story, you will understand why!!!


I a great read again by Portia!  I highly recommend this book.  However, this book is not going to be for everyone.  There is some sensitive and emotional issues in this book.  It is going to be hard for some people to ready.  There is also some religious aspects in this book.  Those are not for everyone either.  I loved this book and think that she has done an awesome job with it and the story line.  I so can't wait for Carter!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment